Cypress Lanes is hiring an experienced bartender to work at our fully remodeled family entertainment center in Winter Haven, FL. The primary duties of this position include preparing drinks and providing proper and professional beverage service to all guests in a friendly, courteous, and timely manner.
This specific job description covers the basic functions, qualifications, requirements, working conditions, and skills necessary, but not limited to, the successful fulfillment of this position in accordance with the standards of Cypress Lanes.
BE OF SERVICE
- Take guest food and alcohol orders.
- Mix, garnish, and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks according to drink recipes provided.
- Pour wine and beer to company specifications.
- Serve food to guests seated in the bar.
- Collect proper payments from customers.
BE FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL
- Provide courteous, professional, and personalized service.
- Cheerfully greet each guest.
- Make sure each guest has a menu and/or is comfortable accessing the menu by scanning the QR code.
- Thank everyone for visiting.
- Check identification of guests to make sure it is valid and that they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Monitor guest drinking patterns.
- Maintain a working/up-to-date knowledge of the local jurisdiction’s rules and guidelines for responsible serving of alcoholic beverages.
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to regulatory, departmental, and company policies.
KEEP IT CLEAN AND ORGANIZED
- Clean up tables in bar.
- Clean your work area.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Monitor your inventory and supplies, informing the General Manager when you are low.
- Make sure your work area is well-stocked before and after every shift.
BE IN THE KNOW
- Memorize the food and beverage menu and stay updated on changes.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the POS system and stay current with training updates.
- Remain knowledgeable about center events so you can properly respond to guest inquiries.
GO THE EXTRA MILE
- Up-sell guest food and beverage orders.
- Constantly look for service opportunities.
- Respond to guest complaints, involving the Manager on Duty in the resolution.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Minimum one-year experience in a fast-paced bartender role
- Positive, upbeat demeanor, and outgoing personality
- Strong customer service, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Must be fluent in English.
- High School Diploma
- Responsible Alcohol Training
- ServSafe certified or able to complete certification within 60 days of hire
Job Type: Part-time