Cypress Lanes is hiring a Cashier for our busy food and beverage service. This position continually interacts with guests, so having an upbeat and customer service-oriented attitude is key. The cashier must have cash handling experience and be comfortable using a point-of-sale (“POS”) system. Cashiers are cross-trained to assist with food prep/portioning, the pizza station, and other duties as assigned by management.
This job description covers the basic duties, qualifications, requirements, working conditions, and skills necessary for, but not limited to, the successful fulfillment of this position in accordance with the standards of Cypress Lanes.
BE FRIENDLY, EFFICIENT, AND PRODUCTIVE
- Cheerfully greet each guest that approaches the counter.
- Ring transactions accurately and timely into the POS system.
- Properly count money and correctly provide change back to customers.
KEEP IT CLEAN
- Assist with kitchen cleaning duties during downtime and when closing.
- Maintain a clean and tidy workstation.
BE IN THE KNOW
- Memorize the food and beverage menu and stay updated on changes.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the POS system and stay current with training updates.
- Remain knowledgeable about center events so you can properly respond to guest inquiries.
- Check identification of customers to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to regulatory, departmental, and company policies.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of one year of experience in a fast-paced food and beverage environment.
- Must have customer service experience.
- Must have cash handling experience.
- Must have current ServSafe Food Handler’s Permit or obtain one within the first 60 days of employment.
- Must be fluent in English.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to handle and move objects, including food, dishes, and pots and pans, using hands and arms.
- Employee may also perform physical activities such as lifting and stooping.