Cypress Lanes is hiring an experienced Line Cook who will ensure the quality of our food from preparation to plating, do standard prep work such as food portioning and re-stocking, and other duties as assigned by management.
This job description covers the basic duties, qualifications, requirements, working conditions, and skills necessary for, but not limited to, the successful fulfillment of this position in accordance with the standards of Cypress Lanes.
View our restaurant menu at https://cypresslanes.com/menu/
View our event menus at https://cypresslanes.com/eventmenus/
WORKING THE LINE
- Prepare all food according to recipes and specifications/measurements provided.
- Plan fulfillment of orders so that items to be served together are finished at the same time.
- Properly plate and present food.
KEEP IT CLEAN
- Break down and clean all cooking equipment upon completion of each shift.
- Clean food preparation equipment, work areas, and counters/tables.
STAY ORGANIZED AND PREPARED
- Ensure checklists are completed and filled out accurately and legibly as instructed by management.
- Properly portion, prep, and store food according to guidelines.
- Assist with re-stocking shelves, if and when required.
BE IN THE KNOW
- Memorize the food and beverage menu and stay updated on changes.
- Maintain a general knowledge of the point-of-sale system and stay current with training updates.
- Properly use all cooking and prep equipment to ensure the safety of you and the rest of the team.
- Employees are expected to meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to regulatory, departmental, and company policies.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of one year of line cook experience in a fast-paced food and beverage environment.
- Must have experience cooking on grill and using fryer.
- Must be able to reliably commute to our location in Winter Haven.
- Must have current ServSafe Food Handler’s Permit or obtain one within the first 60 days of employment.
- Must be fluent in English.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to handle and move objects, including food, dishes, and pots and pans, using hands and arms.
- Employee may also perform physical activities such as lifting and stooping.