The Event Host must be great with kids and plays an integral role in creating a memorable experience for the birthday child, guests, and parents. Event Hosts should playfully engage with the guests while maintaining professionalism to ensure that everyone has a great time.
This is a part-time, weekends-only, tipped position.
This specific job description covers the basic function, qualifications, requirements, working conditions, and skills necessary, but not limited to, the successful fulfillment of this position in accordance with the standards of Cypress Lanes.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and/or clean up for party/event.
- Greet every guest with a smile, eye contact, and enthusiasm.
- Monitor the party to ensure it is going according to schedule, and report any time variance or requested add-on to management.
- Assist with lighting candles/cutting birthday cake as requested.
- Communicate with guests using clear, enthusiastic words, tone, and body language.
- Be alert and anticipate guest’s needs.
- Upsell additional food and beverage items.
- Serve food and beverages as required.
- Interact with the group during party/event.
- Thank the guests by name.
- Have basic knowledge of the POS system.
- Verify bill & collect final payment.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or directed by management.
- Remain knowledgeable about center events so you can properly respond to guest inquiries.
- Maintain proper dress code and present a neat and clean appearance while on the job.
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be able to reliably commute to our location in Winter Haven.
- Strong customer service, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional and professional communication, presentation, and mannerisms.
- Strong service-oriented attitude
- Outgoing personality
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.